Peruvian Railway Engine, Pasamayo
Lima Railroad – Ancón – Chancay (Missing)
Another very interesting Peruvian railway. The railroad began in 1867 as the Lima-Huacho railway project. The first stage put into operation at the beginning of 1870 was the Lima-Ancón section of 42 km and wide gauge of 1,435 m. It was the work of Don Waldo Graña. At the end of that same year, the Ancón-Chancay section was inaugurated, following the line of the dangerous section called Pasamayo. In Chancay it connected with the train to Huaral and Palpa. The war of 1879 and nature destroyed the Ancon-Chancay section, which by the bombardment of the Chilean squadron and the wind was covered with sand. The Lima-Ancón section, which was not affected, was left in 1890 by the Peruvian as a branch of the Central FFCC. In Ancón it had a deviation of 7 km until Polvorín, opened in 1953. It was linked in Lima to the Central Railroad by a diagonal bridge over the Rímac River, which connected it to the station of Desamparados and whose pillars are still visible.
A new line was made and the section of Pasamayo was abandoned as dangerous, building the line by the current variant of Pasamayo despite its great slope. It was arranged by law 470 to construct from Lima the line, but by the existence of the railroad Lima-Ancón and by means of the law 1530 this idea was modified. Probably the Peruvian pressed to protect their interests. Although by laws 2912 of 1918 and 4131 of 1920 authorized to extend the line to Lima, it did not materialize. The line had a total extension of 194 km, including branches and deviations with gauge of 0.914, which made it incompatible with that of Lima-Ancón of 1.435 m.